Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Smooth Skin Smoothie

Okay, so this could be a gimmick. Jake was making fun of me because I believe anything I read, but I thought I would give this smoothie a try. I found this recipe in a Womens Health magazine and thought, why not. You are supposed to drink a cup a day and it makes a couple days worth. Here it is!!

Smooth Skin Smoothie
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups chopped organic romaine lettuce
3-4 stalks organic celery 
3 cups organic spinach
1 organic apple, cored and chopped
1 organic pear, cored and chopped
1 organic banana 
Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon

Kind of a pain to make
I think I added too many greens
Mine turned out a little bit darker green than the magazine pic
Enough to last a couple more days.


So there it is! My radio-active green smoothie! Haha! Okay so it looks kind of scary, I know. It actually doesn’t taste that bad, it doesn’t taste that good either. Let’s see if my face looks smoother in a couple weeks! LOL


Jake and I are enjoying our weekend at home. We did a little Christmas shopping last night and this morning I got up and made him a lovely little breakfast. 
He is a little camera shy. 

Well, that’s it for today! Just thought I would share my lovely smoothie with you all this morning. I need to get going, the Smith’s are visiting us today!!! I’m so excited, it seems like forever since we have seen them. I can’t wait to see Rachel and her cute pregnant belly!! Aahhhh!!!

Christmas Pic of The Day!
My wine Santa!! Too cool.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

3 comments:

sisterlinda said...

GROSS!

Cindy said...

LOL! ; )

Rae said...

I bet it cost more to make than to buy something similar in the store! Are you supposed to drink it or wash with it? lol Counting down till our Christmas dinner!!!