Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chocolate Nutella Smooches

February 5th was world Nutella day. Unfortunately, I was unable to celebrate on that day so I decided I would celebrate today! Happy be-lated world Nutella day!!! I thought these seemed appropriate considering V-day is only a week away!! Lovely 
Chocolate Nutella Smooches 

I added pink sprinkles to a few of them



Ingredients
   1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
   1 teaspoon baking soda
   1/2 teaspoon salt
   1/2 cup butter, softened
   12 cup sugar
   1/2 cup light brown sugar
   1/2 cup Nutella
   1 egg
   1 teaspoon vanilla extract
   1/2 cup sprinkles or colored sugar
   1 (9-ounce) package of dark chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped

Directions
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2.            In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.
3.            In another bowl, place the Nutella, butter and both sugars.  Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together.
4.            Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated.  Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
5.            Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls.  Roll the balls in the sprinkles, pressing to adhear.  Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart.  Bake for 6-7 minutes and remove the cookies from the oven.  Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie.  Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 2-3 minutes.  Cool the cookies on a wire rack.


I sent them off with Jake today and he told me he would make sure all the girls got a smooch today…funny guy. 


 Good news! Lillian’s test results came back negative!! She is a healthy healthy pup! Love her! ; )

3 comments:

Rae said...

I wish I had the willpower to cook up goodies and just give them away! Good news about Lilly! Getting excited about the weekend? Love u guys! Call B4 you leave..

sisterlinda said...

Those look yummy. When I first heard of nutella, I thought YUCK! I have tried it and it is delicious. The calories are crazy though!

Glad Lily is doing better and as cute as ever!

Cindy said...

Jake’s office said these were their favorite cookies so far! Thanks guys, I’m so glad I don’t have to worry anymore, she is stinking cute isn’t she ; ) Rae, we are super excited, don’t worry we will call ya!
Love you guys!