Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cherry Chocolate Kisses

I had extra Hersey Kisses from the cookies I made the other day, so I thought these would be a good choice. Found them on Pinterest, rn’t they cute? 

Cherry Chocolate Kisses





Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, softened, but still cool
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons maraschino cherry “juice”
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
Granulated sugar, for sprinkling the cookies
36 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
3. Reduce the speed to the lowest setting and slowly add the powdered sugar and salt.
4. Add the cherry juice and the almond extract until combined.
5. With the mixer still on low, slowly add the flour, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6. Increase the mixer speed to medium and add the cherries.
7. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, and place the balls on a baking sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
8.  Using your thumb, gently press each cookie in its center until the cookie is about 1/2-inch thick.
9.  Sprinkle each cookie with a little granulated sugar.
10.  Bake the cookies until the bottoms are lightly browned, about 14 minutes.
11. Once removed from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie’s center.
12.  Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.



I can’t believe it’s almost Friday!! Thank goodness! I am sooo ready to hit the slopes and see those beautiful snow covered mountains. Last night Jake was so excited about our trip he packed our bag for us! Score! Now all I need to do is throw in some more of my things and were done with that! 

Last night for dinner, I decided to try this new recipe I found online. I made some Yummy Quesadillas
Click on the link, if you want to check out the recipe. They were really tasty.  Jake said they were the best yet. When we first got our quesadilla maker as a wedding gift, we were eating quesadillas almost every night. LOL So, they got old pretty fast.  Once I saw that recipe my taste for them came right back.  It’s supposed to be a healthier version of them, so hopefully they weren’t too fattening.  Anywho, this morning I have a dentist appointment with the hottest dentist in town! I’m really not looking forward to it, but Jake is making me go. : O Then I’m going to head to Staples to get some things printed off for Jakey’s V-day gift! I can’t wait to finish it and give it to him on our trip. Im also looking forward to seeing The Vow once we get back! Woohoo!!!

Well, that’s all for now. I’m not sure if I’ll have a chance to write a post tomorrow or not, so if I don’t get the chance to say it, Have a very very LOVELY Valentine’s Day!!



2 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I think I have found my website for making sweets. No need to look at Paula's or anyone else's...LOL! Just click on your blog and I am all set!

The quesadillas sound good also. I have never made any. I fixed chicken jalapeno poppers. Just take a chicken breast, split it and stuff it with cream cheese and jalapenos. Put it in the oven on 400 for 40 minutes and served with a salad. They were the BEST! If you like poppers you will love this too.

Cannot wait to see pictures from your amazing ski trip. Have fun and eat, drink and be merry! Happy Valentine's Day to you and Jake and Little Lilly.

Cindy said...

Haha thanks Linda! I will have to try those poppers, I love them! You have a great vday as well!!!