Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bringing Home Baby



Bringing Home Baby


It was a rainy, October Tuesday when we brought you home.  We got discharged from the hospital around 10:00 A.M.  I waited in the wheel chair with you on my lap and with the nurse who wheeled me down to the lobby.  Daddy pulled around the car with great anticipation, he could not wait to bring you home.  Daddy drove as careful as can be the whole way home and I sat in the back and just stared at you, thinking about how I never want to forget this moment.  We pulled into the driveway of the house with the pretty pink bow on the mailbox.  This is it, we walked out of the house as a family of two and now we are walking in as a family of three. Your little sis, Lilly, greeted us at the door.  She really didn't know what to think of you.  We brought you into your new room and unbundled you. You have no idea how much you are loved at this point, but you will hopefully know one day. Daddy and I just looked at you and then looked at each other and balled like little babies….we have never been this happy…. How can you love a person this much?

I never want to forget how you feel in my arms right now, the faces you make, your newborn baby smell and the sweet mousy squeals that come from your mouth.  You really are the most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on.


Your daddy kept saying, “I can’t believe she is really ours.” “I feel like somebody is going to take her away from us.” I have never seen him so happy. You can see the pride on his face when he holds you.  He is so over protective of you, which of course I find absolutely adorable.  He simply adores you and all I can say is you are one lucky girl.  I must add that he is a master swaddler and awesome at changing your diapers, mommy is a lucky lady also. ; )

You’re a tiny little thing. You only fit into newborn clothes and even some of those are big on you. Daddy had to run to the store and get you more newborn onsies. When I hold them up I can’t believe you fit into such a small little outfit. Everyone who sees you says you look a lot bigger in pictures than you do in person and it’s true you are a tiny, fragile, little doll baby.


Everyone says the first couple days are the hardest, but you really are an angel. You make it too easy for me. You have a certain face and make a certain noise to let mommy know when you are hungry. (Open mouth face and a little grunts). You sleep about 3-4  hrs at a time, at night and take A LOT of naps during the day. Everyone who visits wishes you were more awake. ; ) but, I know you are just a newborn and you need to sleep, and boy do I love watching you sleep, you’re dreaming of me I’m sure. ; )

First Night at Home

We know you have your daddy’s ears, hands and feet. I think you have my nose and daddy’s lips, but you never know just yet… Can’t wait to see what color your eyes will change to.



 You have a pattern of different faces before you fall asleep. You go from a kissy face (which we call the “Lola face, you make it a lot), to a big smile, to a half smile, to furrowing your eyebrows and then to a pouty face, all in a matter of seconds. You already are a goof. Out of all of your faces, your "milk face", might be my favorite. The look on your face after you nurse is precious. You just look so happy and content and we can’t forget your poop faces, you have two of them and they are both too cute.


You are a strong little girl. From day one you were lifting your head when laying on my chest and flinging your head up, it amazes us, I must say. We tried tummy time the first week and you can lift and turn your head side to side. You can only stand about 5-10 minutes of it at time, unless you are asleep. You sleep on mommy’s chest a lot...and we have our skin to skin moments.  I’m not just saying this, but I’m pretty sure that’s your favorite spot to lay. ;D


You also get the hiccups a lot, and they just make me giddy because you got them a lot in my belly and they are the exact same pattern.  I do miss feeling them. Also, something I didn't know is that newborns  toot a lot, well at least you do, and very loudly, I must say. In fact sometimes I’m not sure if it’s you are daddy, who tooted. Sorry, if this embarrasses you one day. ;D



You are now 5 days old and it’s mommy’s golden birthday! Wow what a gift from God you are.  Your cord fell off today and you had your first doctors appointment.  You did wonderful.  You gained 4 ounces since you were brought home. You also had to get tested for jaundice, which you did not have.  The nurse had to draw blood and I couldn’t watch.  Daddy held me in his arms because hearing you cry like that made me so so sad. You had a follow up appointment a week later and gained 6 more ounces which brought you up to 6 pounds 3 ounces! That’s my girl! but don’t grow up too fast….




Oh ya and Happy Halloween!





No comments: