Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nursery Progress


 Nursery Progress



I’m not sure what lit the fire under my butt, but I’m finally getting antsy about getting the nursery completed. Ever since we found out we were pregnant, well okay, probably even before we were pregnant, I started envisioning what I wanted our nursery to look like. Thank you Pinterest. When we first moved into our new home, we painted the nursery a “mint green” color because that is what I thought I wanted at the time…Whoopsies! I had changed my mind, but being the understanding, loving husband Jake is, he let me re-paint the nursery and yes I re-painted it! Mostly by myself, I’m pretty proud ;  ) and before everyone freaks, yes the paint we used was perfectly safe to be around, but I still took caution and wore a mask. LOL
Oh yeah.


So not only did I get blessed with an amazing husband, but I also was blessed with an amazing MIL!  Yesterday my mother-in-law, Rae came over to add some of her special touches to our nursery.  I am amazed by her talent and pretty envious. I do not have one creative bone in my body and that’s something I always wish I had. Look at what an amazing job she did!!

My fav part, the initials ; )
Oh, & sorry for the crappy phone pics 

How cute is that? I just love it! I told her I would go over some of it will a second coat, hopefully I don’t mess anything up.  Peanut is so lucky to have such a talented Nana. Maybe the kid will even get blessed with some of her talent, that would be lovely. Rae, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it, I really love it!! Thank you soooo much!!!

I ordered orange bird decals, so we will place them in the trees as soon as they arrive.  My colors are orange, aqua and lime green. Sounds a lil crazy, I know, but let’s face it, this baby is probably going to be a crazy one. ; ) I don’t know why people keep telling me you can’t plan a nursery just because you don’t know the gender of your baby. Frankly, I’m not too fond of the pink or blue craziness anyway. I don’t know how many people have said “well I’m a planner, so I could never not know the sex of the baby.” Guess, what? I’m a planner too, a good one I think..I hope ; )

I did finally decide on the furniture as well, we just need to get that ordered and set up!

And thanks to my lovely mother, my bedding is being made right now. She ordered that from Etsy for me as a gift, but it takes about a month to make, so I guess I just need to be patient. Oh, and thanks again Mom!

Tomorrow, is finishing any leftover painting and putting blinds up. I also found somebody to make the curtains to match the bedding. Wee-hoo!

Things are finally starting to come together. I really thought they never would. Okay, so I thought I would never make up my darn mind.  I’ll post more updates once the furniture and bedding arrive, but that probably won’t be for over a month..boo.

I guess in the mean- time I’ll just have to find other things to keep me busy.  Like… buying adorable things like this off Etsy…

Eeeepp! I can’t get over this, it came in the mail today! Oh and just in case you can’t tell it’s a pumpkin.  I will have to admit, once I pulled it out of the package, I pictured my little baby in it and started getting teary eyed…crazy pregnant lady right here!! I’m so excited to take peanuts newborn pics in it!

So maybe I should stay away from Etsy for awhile, there is just too much cute stuff on there!

Well, that’s all for now! Have a lovely day everyone.



1 comment:

Rae said...

I was happy to help make your plans come together. I love peanut already and actually do have plans to teach him/her lots of crafty things! Time is going by so quickly! Can!t wait! Love ya