Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

3 Months



3 Months
January 21, 2013




Jan 1, 2013
I’m not sure if it was your new years resolution to grow up, but you sure are and I’m not sure if I like it!   You are now sleeping in your own room, in your big girl crib! I can’t believe it really, but it was definitely time.  You are such a wiggly thing, the bassinet just wasn’t gong to cut it for much longer. As much as I didn't want to sleep away from you I knew it was time and just like everything else, you took it like a champ. The first night, mommy and daddy slept on the floor in your nursery, yes, we are goofs, but just wait until you start dating. ; )

You’re squealing, gurgling and coo-ing more and more every day! You’re the most “talkative” in the mornings, shortly after you wake up and eat. You coo when mommy talks to you, but only on your own terms.  It’s a hit or miss, but I love our conversations.   



9 Weeks Dec 23
This week you have started to use your fist to put your paci back in your mouth when it falls out.  Sometimes you can get it and a lot of the times you can’t, but it’s really cute and amazing to see you learn and discover new things! You’re putting your hands together now. It’s really cute when they are interlocked, it makes you look like such a big girl.

10 Weeks Dec 30
This was a big week for you. All of a sudden you just smile at me and smile and smile and smile. You have always been a smiley little thing, but now we can actually make you smile and it is so stinking exciting!!!! I brought out your play mat that Grandma Lory got you for Christmas and I was amazed that you were so intrigued by it. You smile at all of your"friends” that hang from it and “talk” to them. You also love to bat at them with your fist and get so excited and squeal when you hit them.  This of course was a REAL exciting thing for mommy and daddy, makes me wonder if you were ready for the play mat a couple weeks ago! You also have started to mimic me, when I stick my tongue out you will do the same and then smile real big because you must think it’s really funny.  It seems like you want to laugh so bad, but just can’t get it out yet. Right now it’s just a open mouth smile followed by a high pitched squeal. You also study my mouth when I talk to you, you can tell you just can’t wait to communicate! I have a feeling you are going to be a chatty little girl. You can now roll on your side. Your daddy swears you rolled over on your side and “hugged” him the other night. haha He just can’t wait until you can really give him hugs, it’s precious.  I still catch him holding you with tears in his eyes because he is so in love. You really have the best daddy in the World. 

11 Weeks Jan 6
You still LOVE your play mat and smile REAL big as soon as I lay you down on it.  I’m really glad we have it because as soon as we set you on it, you start to babble and smile. You can tell you really enjoy it and mommy enjoys watching you! You can now kick your “friends” and you are a strong little kicker, which I know because you loved to kick mommy in the ribs.  You are pretty accurate with your kicks and they are followed by sort of rolling on your side. It looks like you will be rolling over soon, but not from tummy to back like babies are supposed to do first. You’re still not a fan of tummy time, but you are getting better. Now instead of crying 30 seconds later it’s more like a couple minutes. Ha ha! But I’m not worried you are holding your head up so well these days, and looking all over the room. You just love to turn your head side to side and soak up everything that’s going on. The only time you can tolerate being on your belly is when you are laying on my chest, which is my favorite. ; ) 

12 Weeks Jan 13
You made my heart melt this week, well you do every week, but especially this one. One night I was rocking you to sleep and you were just laying in my arms, sucking on your paci. A couple minutes later I started singing to you (the song Nana wrote for you) and you dropped your paci out of your mouth, locked eyes with me and smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen you make. I almost lost it, that moment is one I will never forget and you did it 3 more times that night.  ; )))

13 Weeks Jan 20 (yes, it’s really bothering me that the weeks aren’t adding up, OCD!)
You had your first road trip this week! We took you to see “The Girls”  (your Grandpa Frazier’s sisters)  in Nashville, TN this week and you were an angel. They all loved you and I know you are going to LOVE them and visiting them in the future. They are the sweetest people and the best cooks! I wasn’t sure if the change of place would change your mood, but you seemed to adapt well. You slept the whole way there and the whole way back. You always do so well in the car, you either sleep or smile. You also slept great in your pack n play. It was exciting because we got to sleep next to you again, for a couple nights at least. ; ) I miss that.  You did have your first lil’ fit that latest about 10 minutes. I think I even started to tear up because I have never seen you so upset, you had tears. ; ( I think what happened was that you were fussing (bc you were hungry) when someone else was holding you and mommy didn't get to you in time, which really made you mad and you were just too overwhelmed to eat. You calmed down and then ate and all was well. Usually the first sign the that you are hungry, you’re fed. We won’t let that happen again! Overall we had an excellent trip, thank you for being such an easy baby!!


You started doing a lot of cute little things this week. You can now blow spit bubbles with your mouth, I’m not quite sure if it’s on purpose or not, but it’s funny. You can now really get a good grip of your hair and you play with it with your fingers, especially when you are sleepy. You also rub your eyes when you are sleepy, makes it super easy for me to tell when it’s bedtime. You can grab your paci with your hands, not your fist now. I think it’s actually helping you learn how to use your hands. You’re not that coordinated, but you can tell you are working on it. I’ll put a toy in your hand and your’ll grab it, because of reflex, but then you'll drop it a couple seconds later. I can’t wait until you can really grab your toys for yourself. You smiled at yourself in the mirror this week.  I really never put you in front of mirrors much, but your Aunt Karla has mirrors all over her house so I gave it a shot. You looked at yourself and smiled so big, I hope everyone telling you you’re so pretty isn’t going to your head! lol You just can’t stop smiling, you smile SO much! You really are a happy happy baby, which makes me a happy happy mommy!





What else..
You love when we sing the Itsy Bitsy spider to you and “boop” you on the nose. I know it won’t be long until we hear your first giggle. You can tell you want to let it out so bad. 
I still think you look like your daddy. people say you look more like me these days, but those eyes.. those are his, I know it. You’re not very patient when it comes eating, just like your mom. When you’re hungry, you’ll let me know. Sometimes you’ll turn your head side to side and other times you’ll skip that part and fuss. It's the only time I really hear you fuss, besides when you’re sleepy and want your paci, that thing really is magical. You are now growing out of all of your 0-3 months clothes and starting to wear 3-6 months. Noooo!!!

Your first month in your crib has been a success. We took your bumpers off, but then of course you got your leg stuck (you weren’t hurt at all) the first night. We left them off and haven't had a problem since. You can turn yourself all the way around in it. You kick your legs up in the air and slowly make it all the way round, crazy kid. You usually go to bed around 9 or 10 o'clock and wake up 5-6 hours later for a feeding and diaper change and fall right back asleep. Then you wake up again about 3-4 hours later.  I can always tell if you’re really ready to wake up for the day because your eyes are wide open and you just start smiling right away. Other times you’ll feed with your eyes closed the entire time and want to go back to sleep. You have slept almost 8 hours straight a couple times, but it’s not consistent. It kind of makes me nervous when you sleep that long though. You love to sit in my lap and look around at things. You’re a nosy little thing. 




I still can’t believe it’s already been 3 months since you came into my life. The best three months of my life. You really make being a mom too easy. It’s not a job at all to me, it’s honestly the biggest blessing of my life. I’m not sure if I just got really lucky, but you have not cried more than a couple minutes at a time since you were born (besides your Nashville fit) and have only had ONE fussy night at a month old (gas).  I think so far we have only been apart a total of 5 hours. One time mommy went to see a movie (one month old), and the other time was for your Aunt Nicky’s graduation ceremony (2 months old). Both times Daddy stayed home with you and loved getting some daughter/daddy time.  We are still a little too over-protective to leave you alone with anyone else, but I’m sure it won’t be long. I know, before I was a mom when other people said that I thought they were crazy, but now I get it. I love spending every moment with you and I couldn’t imagine it any other way. I love my happy, lil Pnut, more than you’ll ever know. 

Love,
Your Mommy







1 comment:

Rae said...

beautiful diary post! she is perfect! love u guys!