Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

6 months



           6 Months

A half year has gone by since you entered our World. I wonder if this is ever going to stop baffling me?   I want you to stay little, yet I love watching you grow into this wonderful little person.  I’m sure I’m not the only mom with this dilemma.



When I look back at your 5 month picture it doesn’t look like you have changed or grown much at all, but that is no the case.  Hardly any of your clothes from a month ago fit you anymore. You are now in 6-9 months and even some 12 month clothing.  My baby is getting so big, yet you are still so little. You now weigh 13 lbs and 15 oz and you are 25 inches long! This puts you in the 12th percentile for weight and 22nd percentile for height. Still going up and up on the growth charts, but you’ll always be my lil p-nut.  You have developed so much this month.  You amaze me darling.
       
vs. 


Your personality is stating to show more and more each day. You are a very happy, needy, cuddly, determined, goofy, maybe a little hot tempered little girl.



When I said you were grabby last month, I obviously underestimated you.  You reach for EVERYTHING you see and if it’s something you really want, you will let me know. You are my little scientist. You love to test everything you see rather it be my feel or taste! haha I love the look on your face when you are really focused and thinking about something. You are very animated with your eyebrows.  Your little brain is just soaking up so much of the World around you, it’s fascinating.  Your fine motor skills are improving more and more each day. You’re amazing my child!

I can’t believe how much your rolling over has improved this month.  At the beginning of the month you started to experiment with rolling over on your belly, but that still wasn’t one of your favorite positions. Tummy time was impossible because I would put you on your belly and within seconds, you were on your back. At the end of the month you started getting a little more comfortable with rolling on your belly and staying there, but only if there is something in front of you that catches your attention.  If not, you are right back on your back or side.  Rolling has become your means of transportation.  You are starting to lift your butt more and more off the ground like you are curious about crawling, but I think it’s still going to be awhile.   I don’t think you know what to do with those arms, just yet.

I see you sitting in the near future. This month you have really become a lot stronger in your abdominal region. My prediction is that you will be sitting momentarily at the end of the month. For now there is a lot of wobbling and falling over.

You’re still in love with standing, who knows maybe you will skip crawling and go straight to walking!
You can hold yourself up while on your legs, but can only balance for so long..or you let go and mommy catches you. ;)




Oh, and hi little miss needy! You are really making it hard for mommy to get anything done these days, but it’s okay I forgive you.  Even though you can see me when I’m in the kitchen you do not like the fact that I am more than 10 feet away. So this month we are going to work on longer afternoon naps so mommy can make dinner, deal?!



Speaking of naps we are getting better at setting a schedule for you.  So far we are working on  a 20-30 minute mid morning nap, a 20-30 minute after lunch nap and a 1-2 afternoon nap.  Like I said, that is not always the case. We are pretty random with our daily activities, which tends to throw us off a lot.

This month we skipped the cereal and you were exclusively breastfed. Mainly because you seemed to be doing just fine with my milk this month so why mess with anything else.  I’m pretty anxious, excited and sad about starting you on veggies. Sad because you are growing up and you don’t just depend my milk anymore. However, I am looking forward to experimenting with different veggies and discovering what you are going to love or hate.  I ordered my baby food processor, so I will be preparing all of your meals! Fun stuff!


One foot  reaches the ground in your jumperoo now! Not sure how you managed that one. I guess you sit a little cricked in it, but hey, we are making progress.  The toys around it still seem to intrigue you so it’s all good.

Most nights you are getting up only once in the middle of the night for a feeding, usually around 2. Hey, it’s better than every couple hours like last month, so I’ll take it! Then again, sometimes you will surprise mommy and sleep for 8 hours straight. Either way, you are an excellent sleeper and I never have to stay up in the middle of the night because you are fussy. Knock on wood!

You are so beautiful.


Cute things you do

~ When mommy turns the music up and dances around you get so excited and move your arms up and down, kick your legs and let out a giant, high pitched squeal. So cute! We are going to be dancing buddies for sure.

~ Snort,  you snort when you laugh, when you're excited and even when you're upset! LOL My little nerd!

~ Run your fingers through my hair when you are falling asleep or sometimes when you are tired and nursing. It’s precious and I hope it’s something you always do. ; )

~ You love Lilly. You get so excited when you see your puppy and she coming around, just be patient.

~ Daddy makes you laugh those big belly laughs that just make my heart burst!

~ Before you fall asleep you roll over on your side and hug your frog, then you’re out in seconds. Ahhh precious!

~ Your smile, it gets bigger and bigger every day.  When you smile real big, your nose crinkles.

 ~ Stick your feet in your mouth. last month you discovered the feel of your feet, this month you discovered the taste of them.  Silly girl.



I love you so much p-nut.








No comments: